Our Gunner man gave us quite a scare a few months ago. One afternoon he got a fever and then started breathing funny. I decided to take him to the doctor just to be sure he was okay. Thankfully, I did. He seemed to get worse as soon as I took him in. They gave him a breathing treatment and tried giving him some medicine for his fever but he couldn't keep it down. They were concerned because he was dehydrated, but unable to keep anything down, and because his oxygen level was so low. After a few attempts at getting him breathing better and there being no progress, the doctor decided it would be best for him to stay over night in the hospital. They would be able to give him an IV and get fluids to him that way and be able to give him breathing treatments throughout the night. So, off we went. At the hospital, after running multiple tests, they diagnosed Gunner with pneumonia. Thankfully, it was a Friday, so Brett was able to be with our other kids and I could spend the night in the hospital with my Gunner man. And, thankfully he improved and we only had to spend one night in the hospital.
Getting his breathing treatment.
Trying to give me a smile.
He was good when they put his IV in so he got to eat a Popsicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment