Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Finally
I am finally back into blogging. The kids seem to be growing up like weeds these days. Caroline is finally in a big girl bed, Yes,she is 3 1/2, but she always did so well in her crib and never tried to get out so we never felt rushed to make the transition. She has actually had a really hard time with it, I think moving to a new home/new town and not sharing a room with Gunner anymore and the big girl bed might have been a bit much for her to take in all at once. Hopefully she adjusts soon, because the long nights are driving me crazy, she has always been the best sleeper. She loves to play with Gunner, sometimes a little too much I often find them wrestling and running around the house with all too much energy. The other day while at the grocery Caroline did the most embarrassing thing...while walking to the checkout, we were behind this really big african american woman and really loud so the woman could clearly hear she said mommy, "that lady has a really big bum." I knew at some point in parenthood I would have a moment like this and luckily the lady was really understanding and just laughed, it could have been worse for sure. Gunner's hair is starting to come in a little bit, in the heat of the summer the hair on the back of his head gets really curly and I think it is adorable, Brett however calls him an old man. Gunner also just started nursery a few Sundays ago and he is doing pretty well. So far we have been able to just drop him off and leave. He doesn't cry, but he does tend to stay in the distance and kind of keep an eye on things. Gunner loves his sister and always does everything she does, good or bad. When there is trouble,I can count on them being together. He is on the verge of talking, he thinks he makes perfect sense every time his mouth opens and he does not comprehend why we don't understand him. A few weeks ago it rained and the kids were dying to play outside in the mud. So I gave in and let them get dirty. Now its a favorite activity of the kids. The mud seems to draw them in, and it has taken alot of self control to let them get that dirty,I mean they get really dirty, but it keeps them busy for a good few hours so its worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
some of our summer fun at the Oklahoma cabin
Brett enjoying his tube ride
Me with my mom and grandma Evans
2 comments:
Good post . . . I was worried your blog was out of business. I can't believe how quick your kids are growing up.
It was so much fun to look at the pictures of the kids. They have changed so much since I saw them early this year. Can't wait to see all of you next month!
Post a Comment