Around 11pm on Thursday night, Linnae started to get some decent contractions. She held off for a while, until they started to get closer together around 3am. She woke me up and asked what we should do. I suggested calling the hospital. Five minutes later, Linnae's water broke answering the question if we should go to the hospital or not. We arrived a little after 4 am. At that point, she was dilated to a 2. Sometime around 9am, may not be exactly accurate, she took a warm bath to help her dilate to a 4 so she could get an epidural. After the bath, she was dilated to a 4. The epidural lady was on her way over. They have two epidural ladies in Laramie, they do 7 days on and 7 days off. 30 minutes later, Linnae had some serious contractions. The nurse checked to see to how much she was dilated. Linnae was up to an 8 in 30 minutes. I believe this was a surprise to us all. The epidural lady came in, asked her if she still wanted one, and if she did, she would have to sit up and not move at all in order to avoid a spinal tap which creates a migraine times ten. Linnae wanted one, and I was given the boot out of the room for a few minutes so they could get the job done. About an hour later, she gave birth to Caroline Sue Larsen. Her head was a little bruised from the journey of the canal with a right sided cone head. The doctor and nurse were quick to tell us the cone head would be gone in a day or two. Linnae and I did not care at all. Caroline is very healthy and so is Linnae. Good ole Caroline has not even cryed much at all, and has been fed three times by Linnae. She is a wonderful little girl and we could not be happier. We feel incredibly blessed to have her with us, and that everything from Linnae and Caroline has gone smoothly and been healthy. Thanks for all the prayers that have been offered on be half of Linnae and Caroline. We love you all.
Brett, Linnae, Caroline, and even Elliot (our cat) Larsen
PS: More pictures below this post.
PS: More pictures below this post.
9 comments:
WOO HOO! We are so excited. I can't believe she went from a 4 to an 8 in 30 minutes. They always tell you it is an hour per cm dilation. That is awesome, good thing the epidural took effect in time! We now need pictures of her in her little crib and with Elliot.
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!! Thanks for the detailed message it was fun to read about the day. Tonight when i asked the girls what their happy thing of the day was they both said Baby Caroline. We love you so much.
I love the pictures of her in her little stocking cap. She is adorable!!
Linnae! I found your blog on Jamie's. She is the cutest baby! Congratulations!
Congratulations! That is so exciting! She's adorable! I'm so sorry that your Mom couldn't be there - I keep thinking about them. It's been fun to catch up on you guys! Keep us posted!
I am sooo happy for you!! She is the most beautiful baby!! I cant stop looking at the pictures! I cant wait to come and visit and see baby Caroline! I love you so much!!
What a beautiful baby!!! She is absolutely beautiful. Rebekah is riveted by her and keeps pointing at her pictures and saying "tiny baby!" I hope you are doing well. I wish I was there to cuddle your sweet Caroline! Enjoy her tininess for me and giver her a kiss from us!
Congrats! She is beautiful!
I know i have already said congratulations but.... CONGRATS!!! She is so cute Linnae! I can't wait to meet her someday. You are going to be an amazing mom and Brett will be an awesome dad. And Kudo's to Brett for doing a blog post. Well done!
Post a Comment